Friday, May 21, 2010

100 Things

There are more than 100 things about me... but that would just take a long time to write down.

  1. I always set my alarm at least 30 minutes ahead of when I need to get up because I love hitting snooze.
  2. I hate getting out of bed, but when I'm up, I'm up and wide awake no matter how much sleep I got.
  3. I hate coffee, and I wish Starbucks would just go away.
  4. I do love Coca-Cola a little too much. Not for the caffeine, but just the bubbly sweetness of it.
  5. I could live on cereal for the rest of my life.
  6. My ideal quick, crap-for-you snack is a spoonful of peanut butter with M&Ms or chocolate chips on top.
  7. I have a slight obsession with Disney.
  8. I've been to Disney theme parks more times than I can remember, including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris.
  9. After one semester of college I moved to Orlando to work at WDW for the spring.
  10. I was an operations hostess and worked on the rides Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Snow White's Scary Adventure, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and The Mad Tea Party.
  11. After my internship at WDW I started working at a Disney Store and still work there 7 years later.
  12. Jimmy and I met when we were both in college, through mutual friends.
  13. Our first kiss happened after bar hopping for his 21st birthday. We both may or may not have still been drunk.
  14. Two and a half years later he asked me to marry him on May 13th, 2009.
  15. Our wedding is October 30th, 2010.
  16. We plan on honeymooning to Maui.
  17. On Sunday, May 16th 2010 we decided to adopt a puppy who will be born mid June, and will come home with us mid-August.
  18. The one thing I'm a little worried about is being able to keep the house as clean with a puppy as I can now without one.
  19. When I'm stressed I clean.
  20. I tend to throw things away if I can't find a place to keep it and know it's not something we really need.
  21. Since I moved in with Jimmy, I have been obsessed with keeping our house neat and tidy.
  22. When I lived with my parents my room was often destroyed. I feel bad for my mom that I didn't care about keeping it clean.
  23. I have 3 siblings.
  24. My older sister and brother are actually half siblings because their mom passed away when they were little and my dad remarried my mom.
  25. I also have a little sister I'm glad I had to grow up with. It was like having a built-in friend.
  26. My older siblings each have a son and daughter, and my 2 nieces and 2 nephews are absolutely adorable. I love them way too much.
  27. I graduated from college in February 2007 with a degree in Elementary Education.
  28. The first year out of college I substitute taught, the second I was a special ed. aide, the third I went back to subbing. I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to have my own classroom and I'm strangely OK with that.
  29. I feel super guilty that Jimmy works 40+ hours a day as an electrician, and I am home many days since my schedule changes so much between The Disney Store, babysitting, and subbing.
  30. I've lived in Illinois my entire life.
  31. I never understood the kids in school that "couldn't wait to get out of this town." I loved where I lived and knew I wouldn't leave without a good reason.
  32. Jimmy was that reason, but I only live 30 minutes away from my parents in a great town not far from where I went to college.
  33. It's been tough adjusting to having 2 families (Jimmy's and my own) during holidays. I hate having to choose where to spend the time.
  34. I love my in-laws, but sometimes I'm just baffled at some of the things they say/do.
  35. One silly reason why I can't wait to be married is because I can stop worrying about accidentally getting pregnant early. Which is stupid because we are ridiculously careful.
  36. I'd love to have 2-4 kids one day, and twins would be amazing.
  37. Jimmy only wants 2 kids... preferably both boys.
  38. I would love to be a stay-at-home mom.
  39. My favorite color is pink.
  40. I wish I was more girly, but I feel that being 5'9" makes me too gargantuan to be cute.
  41. My toenails HAVE to be painted. I hate the way they look naked.
  42. I hardly ever paint my fingernails.
  43. I am really very happy that I was friends with a lot of the same people that Jimmy was friends with before we met. It makes hanging out so much more fun.
  44. I do wish I had a closer set of my own friends so I could go out and have girl time without Jimmy.
  45. I'm very quiet in person, and it takes a lot for me to open up.
  46. I'm super awkward in new social situations.
  47. When I get excited about something I research and plan as much as I can. You should see the bookmarks I have in preparation for our puppy, and every vacation has a binder with info ready to go.
  48. I love to bake.
  49. I'd do it every day if I wasn't afraid of gaining 1000 pounds.
  50. Living with Jimmy has made me want to learn to be a better cook.
  51. Blogging has become something I get excited about.
  52. I love getting comments from blogging friends.
  53. Over the few years of blogging I've had a live journal, xanga, myspace, and now blogger.
  54. Those different formats have really helped me with html.
  55. I'm always a few steps ahead of myself.
  56. Before I was engaged I was already looking at wedding blogs.
  57. Now before being married I'm obsessed with baby blogs. Uh oh.
  58. Transitional months between summer and winter are my favorite.
  59. I hate extreme hot or cold.
  60. Although when it is hot there is nothing I'd rather do than be at the pool or lake.
  61. Music isn't a very big part of my life. I listen to it in the car and that's basically it.
  62. The only concerts I've been to were either Dave Matthews Band, or ones I was able to get in for free.
  63. A lot of my quiet time at home is spent dreaming about how I'd decorate if I had lots of money.
  64. When I visit friend's and family's houses, I usually think about how I'd change things if I lived there.
  65. Jimmy is remodeling our basement and I have a specific design theme in mind, and when he doesn't get it, I get super frustrated.
  66. My father-in-law suggested a shower curtain instead of a shower door for the bathroom, and I about died, but didn't want to say anything in fear of looking like a spoiled priss. Of course as soon as he left I let Jimmy know we would not be having a shower curtain.
  67. Places like Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn are perfect to go through and pick out all the things I'd love to have, but are too much money to buy.
  68. I like to annoy Jimmy with that because he doesn't understand that I can ogle over items without actually needing to purchase them.
  69. I hate PCs. My macbook pro is my baby.
  70. My first mac was stolen out of my car 2 years ago while it was parked in Jimmy's driveway.
  71. Since then I am super cautious to lock the car and house, and not leave things outside unsupervised.
  72. It's pretty ridiculous because we live in a very friendly, safe town.
  73. When our family grows to be too big for the house we're in now, I hope our future house has 2 things we don't have now... a big yard, and on a street no one drives through.
  74. I catch myself people watching when I'm out.
  75. Though I hate when I catch someone else watching me.
  76. If I could get away with it I'd never drive.
  77. I had over the keys to Jimmy whenever we go somewhere together in my car.
  78. Jimmy's car is a manual transmission. He tried to teach me twice, but I still don't get it. I need more practice.
  79. My first car ever was purchased all by myself after I graduated from college. He's my buddy. A 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer with all the bells and whistles.
  80. In college I could go drink-for-drink with any guy.
  81. Then in October 2007 I was diagnosed with a liver disease (unrelated to alcohol) and had to quit drinking 100%
  82. At first I was super depressed not being able to join in the fun with friends, but now I'm used to it.
  83. It makes me feel good that I can still have fun, and also keep Jimmy and my friends safe when they drink a little too much and they have someone to drive them home safely.
  84. People that are attached to their phones 24/7 annoys me. I can't stand being around people that are constantly texting. Enjoy the people you are with and talk to everyone else some other time!!
  85. Historical fiction is my favorite genre of book to read.
  86. However, if I'm reading at the beach I'd rather have an easy chick book like the Shopaholic series.
  87. Negativity bothers me when people take it to the extreme.
  88. I don't follow politics, and will ignore you if that's all you talk about. I've deleted people on Facebook because of this.
  89. There are a few bloggers out there that I am absolutely in love with. I'm too afraid to actually come out and stop lurking on their pages.
  90. Over-the-top people bug be. Especially when they're over-the-top loud.
  91. Jimmy says that my eyes change color with my mood. I don't know about that, I just think they're green.
  92. The shows I watch on tv are never the hot ones everyone talks about. I can't get into shows that you have to watch every week to know what's going on.
  93. Jimmy and I love to watch the show "Kendra" together. It's so weird we both like her.
  94. Sometimes I wish I liked the outdoors more than I do, but then I remember bugs and sweating, and I'm happy to be an indoor girl.
  95. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I always make sure to have that day off, and spend the entire day and night with all my friends at Steve's house and in his pool.
  96. Although I usually don't like fireworks and don't go see them on the 4th.
  97. I'm very proud of the fact that I'm completely debt-free except for the remaining loan on my car, which I pay down every month without fail.
  98. I envy people that have the motivation to work-out on a regular basis.
  99. When people run past the house I am so jealous. I tried to do couch to 5k and quit after day 1. Maybe I'll try again someday.
  100. A huge goal of mine is to spend less time in my own head, and more time living life in the moment without worrying about what other people think of me.

No comments: