Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Tears!

Yesterday was a fabulous day!

After work, Jimmy and I with a bunch of our other friends went out to BWW to watch game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals. The Blackhawks were up 3 games to 2 against the Flyers.

Honestly I've never been a hockey follower, and definitely didn't really care either way about the Stanley Cup. Yes, I root for Chicago no matter what sport, but beyond that it just didn't really thrill me.

Of course there are sooooo many fair weather fans that started to follow the Hawks only as they were winning. That's one of the things about sports that really bothers me. If you don't normally watch hockey, why do you get so wrapped up in it just because they are winning. You should support them no matter what... like how I support the Chicago Cubs. But the Cubs probably won't be winning anytime soon, and I'm ok with that.

Anyway... Alison and I spent the night playing that free trivia game at BWW while the rest of the masses watched the game. In the end the Hawks won in overtime and brought the Cup back to Chicago. It was very loud in that bar.

Photobucket

But that's not why I shed happy tears!

About half an hour ago I got an email from our breeders Kenny and Joey. Our puppy was born last night!! There are 9 puppies and only 2 are males. We have 2nd choice of the boys, so we lucked out when we placed the deposit. Any later and we may have not been getting a boy.

Photobucket

The green collars are male (one of them is our puppy!!!), and pink are female. So happy that Bella and pups are doing well. Kenny said that both boys are at the top of the weight range at 15 ounces each. He also said the boys are eating quite well, and should be two solid lads!

So our babe's birthday is June 9th, 2010 which means he should be able to come home by the weekend of August 14th... which happens to be my niece Emma's 8th birthday. We'll be at their house for her party, and coincidentally we'll be only an hour away from where our breeders are located. So hopefully we'll be able to stay the night at my sister's house, and then on Sunday, August 15th we'll be able to go get our boy!!

Yay!!!!

No comments: